It’s already the second week of December and you still haven’t bought any presents or made your list for Father Christmas.
The MySkirent team suggests a fabulous Christmas list, to satisfy different budgets for men and women. It’s your choice whether they will be received, or given, by you.
So, who’s been good?
We have found some essential gifts, that just have to be offered and we’ve fallen for some special favourites for those who’ve been very, very good. To kit you out or experience some amazing moments in the mountains.
Does the whole family have the appropriate attire?
It can often be quite difficult choosing for others, so we’ve prepared a few ‘looks’ according to their use. Simple looks for great style with quality articles, that way you limit risk taking and you can’t go wrong.
To make the most of the mountains’ pleasures, we’re quite taken with different outfits, adaptable to all.
Christmas list for the skier (for her):
For skiers looking for pleasure and comfort
For those skiers going for speed
We’ve selected an even more technical ensemble, yet always with an elegant cut.
And for accessories
The Savor S ski mask from ATOMIC: it’s a top of the range model with a small frame that has a photochromic screen which adjusts to variations in light. How ‘chic’ is that?
The Revent ski : our selection that combines safety, comfort and design.
The X PRO 80W CUSTOM HEAT CONNECT boots: a massive ‘thumbs-up’ for these heating ski boots.
Dry Force gloves: we chose them for their sheepskin lining which makes them even snugger.
The SUUNTO 3 Fitness watch: it’s no easy feat to find a watch suitable for sporting activities that remains stylish, and we’ve taken a shine to the SUUNTO. The watch creates a personal training programme for you which evolves depending on your physical condition and needs.
Christmas list for the skier:
He wants to keep that urban look while skiing
1. The Brilliant JKT jacket from Salomon. It’s available in 5 colours from subdued to more fun, it’s up to you. Our favourite, the elegant dark blue with touches of orange. 2. To be coordinated with the Iceglory ski pant.
He is above all a powder fan…
He’s more of a freerider
and then there’s the accessories
7. The backpack Backland, one of the latest arrivals at Atomic, is ultra-resistant and robust in the face of any ordeal, you’d be offering a gift that would escort him on many a ski excursion.
8. Force Dry gloves: the perfect compromise to guarantee heat and comfort in spite of bad weather.
9. The ski mask Revent L, to offer him the same mask as the one adopted by the Atomic athletes during the World Cup.
10. The video game Steep: if the next ski trip is not for right away and he wants to be able to defy and conquer the most formidable mountains in the world on skis, this is the game for him.
And why not an activity?
If you haven’t found your ideal gift amongst the equipment, you could also offer an activity to be discovered or shared during your next ski trip:
Many resorts offer activities other than skiing so you can discover new sensations; so why not take a look at the tourist office websites and organise the morning of his/her dreams:
- Cross-country skiing
- Sleigh-dog trekking
- A meal at a high-altitude chalet
- What to do in the event of an avalanche, most resorts offer rescue training sessions via the ski schools.
- A spa in the middle of the mountains, like the magic Aqua Dome in Sölden
- Paragliding, para-motoring or snowmobile riding in Les Arcs for example, a dozen schools offer the possibility to try out these adventurous activities
- Zip-line ski: at Val Thorens for example, soar 1,300 metres, 1 min and 45 secs of pure pleasure in a breathtaking landscape, from the culminating point of the 3 Valleys at 3,230 metres, at the top of the Bouchet ski lift in the Orelle domain, to join the crest of Val Thorens, at 3,000 metres, the summit of the Thorens Funitel (cable car).
- Snowshoe hike – you don’t need to own a pair of snowshoes, you can rent them by finding the best rental store on myskirent.com
- A helicopter ride to rise above the Livigno mountains, an activity proposed by many resorts
- A gift voucher: some resorts, like Zermatt, propose gift vouchers that can be used for all sorts of activities.
- An unforgettable performance at altitude, like in Sölden:
Hurry up and send your list to Father Christmas, you still have a little time left.